Megan Neitling, LMHC
Clinical Sexologist & Sexualities Educator
Megan Neitling (she/her/hers) is a Licensed Mental Health Counselor, Clinical Sexologist, and Sexualities Educator.
She is a PhD student studying Human Sexuality at the California Institute of Integral Studies in San Francisco, California.
Megan attended Indiana State University and obtained a Master’s of Science in Clinical Mental Health Counseling.
She received a Bachelor of Arts degree from Indiana University where she majored in Sociology and minored in Women’s Studies.
“Sex lies at the root of life, and we can never learn to reverence life until we know how to understand sex”.
Values & Approach To Treatment
Megan describes herself as a caring, Queer, sex positive, affirming, culturally competent, & open-minded.
Megan believes anyone seeking Mental Health services, Sex Therapy, or Sexualities Education deserves accurate and comprehensive information.
Megan is a member of The American Association of Sex Educators, Counselors, and Therapists (AASECT). She believes, and abides by, their Code of Ethics and Philosophy on Sexual Health. Megan believes sexuality and gender are an inherent, essential, and beneficial dimension of being human (AASECT, 2019).
Megan is listed on the National Coalition for Sexual Freedom (NCSF) as a Kink-Knowledgeable Clinician. Megan advertises her clinical services on OutCare, the LGBTQ Healthcare Resource.
During clinical treatment, Megan’s techniques and interventions will be customized to meet your specific needs. Therapy will focus on solutions for your concerns. She believes in a collaborative approach to treatment.
Megan is an integrative therapist, meaning she utilizes a variety of theoretical approaches in treatment. She often draws from Solution Focused Brief Therapy, Mindfulness-based (MBCT), Family/Marital Systems, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Feminist Theory, Adlerian Theory, & more.
“Masculine and feminine roles are not biologically fixed but socially constructed”.
- Mental Health Therapy
- Sex Therapy
- Sexualities Education
Reasons Clients Seek Treatment
- Communication Issues
- Comprehensive Sexualities Education
- Couples Counseling
- Creative Relationship Structures: Ethical Non-Monogamy, Open Relationships, Polycules, Polyamory, Relationship Anarchy, Swinging
- Cross Dressing
- Ejaculation Issues
- Erectile Dysfunction
- Gender: Agender, Bigender, Gender Diverse, Gender Fluid, Gender Nonconforming, Gender Queer, Gender Questioning, Gender Variant, Intersex, Non-Binary, Pangender, Transgender
- Lack of, or difficulty with, Orgasm
- LGBTQ+ Concerns
- Marriage Counseling
- Mismatched Sexual Desire
- Non Sexual Relationships
- Out of Control Sexual Behavior*
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder subsets: Relationship OCD, Homophobic OCD, Sexual Orientation OCD, or Pedophilic OCD
- Painful Sex
- Pleasure Enhancement
- “Porn Addiction”*
- Porn Related Issues
- Pre-Marital Counseling
- Rekindling Desire
- “Sex Addiction”*
- Sexual Arousal Concerns
- Sex and Disabilities
- Sexual Orientation
- Sex Related Issues
- Support for Sex Workers
- *Megan’s positionality on Sex & Porn Addiction aligns with AASECT. There is not “sufficient empirical evidence to support the classification of sex addiction or porn addiction as a mental health disorder” and “sexual addiction treatment methods” are not “adequately informed by accurate human sexuality knowledge”. Additionally, treating issues using “a porn or sexual addiction” model “cannot be advanced by AASECT”, or Megan, “as a standard of practice for sexuality education or therapy”. However, Megan does treat clients with Out of Control Sexual Behavior. She can discuss appropriate, and ethical, treatment options during a consultation.
Clinical Treatment & Services
Providing individual therapy.
Individuals may focus on their their mental health, relationship(s), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, or sexual health. Individuals will work to identify areas within their life they want to improve or process within therapy.
Couples & Partners Therapy
Providing therapy for couples or partners.
We may work on improving their listening, communication, desire, intimacy, or pleasure within their relationship(s). Couples or partners may work to overcome difficult times in their relationship, grow together, create new goals for the relationship(s), or express feelings in a safe environment.
Providing therapy to polycules or various relationship structures including: Ethical Non-Monogamy, Open Relationships, Polycules, Polyamory, Swinging
We may focus on increasing communication, processing emotional hurts, managing jealousy, setting boundaries, or exploring the relationship structure in a safe space.
Contact Bloom Behavioral Health
At this time, Bloom Behavioral Health is only accepting new clients that are Self-Pay or using Out Of Network benefits.
If you have Anthem BCBS as your primary insurance plan, please check back in 4 to 6 weeks.
Email Bloom Behavioral Health below to discuss appointment availability. Please provide your name, email address, and phone number with your message. You should receive an email response within five business days.
For Mental Health Emergencies call 911 or visit your nearest hospital.